This practice currently offers the Patients the facility to access their information:
- View Appointments Online
- Book Appointments Online
- Amend Appointments Online
- Cancel Appointments Online
- Print Appointments Online
- To request their Repeat Prescriptions Online
- View and Print a list of their Repeat Prescriptions
- To View their record, relating to Medications, Allergies and Adverse Reactions online
Regarding Their Medical History
- Print Summary Information from their record, relating to Medications, Allergies and Adverse Reactions
- Export Information from their record, relating to Medications, Allergies and Adverse Reactions
These services are available, on request, to any patients registered with this practice aged 16 and over.
Parents/Guardians may request access on behalf of children they care for. However please note that in line with Royal College General Practitioners guidance, parental access will be withdrawn automatically when the child turns 11.
We are now working towards expanding online access to records to include more detailed information on:
- Immunisations and
- Test results
This will be with effect from 1 April 2016.
We will be doing this in the following stages to ensure the necessary processes are in place to safeguard patient confidentiality and promote effective use of records access:
- Pilot Patient Access to full Coded Records with a Small Group of Patients
- Review this Process and Identify Whether we can Improve any Aspect
- Promote Access to Priority Patients – For Example those with Long Term Conditions
- Offer Access to All Patients over the Age of 16 Who Request it
- Establish Procedures for Parents and Carers to Request Online Access to Records of Patients They Care for. This practice is currently working at stage 1.
The practice is registered and complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any request for access to notes by a patient, patient’s representative or outside body will be dealt with in accordance with the Act. Please contact the Practice Services Manager for further information.